Transcode to handle MPEG4 properly

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
njsharp
Newcomer
Australia

Transcode to handle MPEG4 properly

Post by njsharp » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:57 am

Already, Australia's Station 9 offers channel 90 as 1920x1080 MPEG4. Later in 2016, Australian ABC expects to launch channel 20 as an HD copy of channel 2, the main ABC TV program which will continue as SD. 20 is expected to be MPEG4 and hopefully 1920x1080i.

I would like to edit such recordings with E followed by a fast transcode option (to remove cuts and TS stuff) which, as the transmission will be MPEG4, should leave the output ready to file. I believe such work can be completed using scripts, but being somewhat non-nerdy I would like to do it all within MYTHTV. Please? As mentioned on another forum, currently lossless transcode fails on mpeg4 recordings.

Regards and thanks