MythVideo Metadata Grabber

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
clueo8
Junior
United States of America

MythVideo Metadata Grabber

Post by clueo8 »

When I add a new movie to Myth Videos and then run mythutil --scanvideos, a lot of times there are multiple results found for my movie and it just gives up. I'm forced to use the frontend and do a retrieve details, and 9-times-out-of-10, the first result found in the frontend is the correct one. It would be nice if:

1) mythutil --scanvideos would just pick the first one found instead of just giving up and doing nothing.

or

2) Have an additional parameter to force mythutil to just pick the first result if more then 1 is found...

Note: I also include the (YYYY) in my folders/filenames, but that does not appear to help the CLT on making a decision.

Thanks!
bryandamage
Newcomer
Australia

Re: MythVideo Metadata Grabber

Post by bryandamage »

I have this problem as well. I rip all my movies with the names exactly what themoviedb [Name (Year).ext] has them listed as but it fails when there is a movie of the same name but different year. Are there any tricks we can use the make it get the correct one?