Add duration to Watch Recordings screen

What would you like to see in MythTV and why? Find others who might want to help implement your ideas!
Forum rules
Please be reasonable and positive with your feature requests, remember that all contributions to MythTV are by volunteers in their spare time. MythTV won't support piracy in any form, including torrents and use of soft cams, so to avoid embarrassment please do not ask.

* One suggestion per thread please. Do not post new suggestions in replies. *
nocturnalcodehack
Newcomer
United States of America

Add duration to Watch Recordings screen

Post by nocturnalcodehack »

On the the program details panel where channel, recording date/time and space used is displayed. Would it be possible to add the program duration to the displayed metadata. Would really be nice to see how long a program recording is, when determining if one has time to watch it.
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: Add duration to Watch Recordings screen

Post by kmdewaal »

The Mythbuntu theme shows program start time and program end time. The MythCenter-wide does show only the start time but there exists a patch that changes this to show both start time and end time just like Mythbuntu. I can dig this up if you are using MythCenter-wide and are interested in this.
The duration of a recording is not shown anywhere as far as I know.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

You could probably add a new text area or add to an existing text area a template that uses either 'lenmins' or 'lentime'.
nocturnalcodehack
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by nocturnalcodehack »

I'll take a look at the Mythbuntu theme. If it has other detractors, I'll ask again about the MythCenter-wide. Thanks!