Program Guide format

wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Program Guide format

Post by wesnewell »

Some time back, around mythtv 0.20 you could select the number of rows and timeslots in the program guide. Since then, it's been hard coded in the schedule-ui.xml file and most limit that value to 7 rows (channels) and 4 time slots. So since then I've been modifying these files to allow more rows and more timeslots. It's pita, but afaik, it's the only way to get more. The mythbuntu theme is 7x4, afaik the most of all the themes, so that's the one I used and have since modified it to 14x6.
See later post fro newer versions.
Last edited by wesnewell on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Re: Program Guide format

Post by wesnewell »

Better image
guide.jpg
Last edited by wesnewell on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

It's up to the themer to decide how many channels and time slots to show so they have control over how the screen looks.

At the moment all you can do now is maintain your own version of your favourite theme with the changes you require as you are doing now. You can copy your modified theme to the config directory (usually ~/.mythtv/themes) giving it a new name for the directory and editing the name in themeinfo.xml file to match. That way your theme will show up in the theme chooser and wont be modified by subsequent updates.

At some point we would like to add theme inheritance to make maintaining your own theme a little easier so you could just change the screens you wanted and the rest would default to the parent theme.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

Deleted for being out of date.
Last edited by wesnewell on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

Here's the newest version. schedule-ui.xml is is the latest 14x6 3 hpur guide version. schedule-ui.xml.14x4 has 4 hours visible but you can only select the first 3 hours of the guide due to a problem I haven't found yet. Note: This has been fixed, see next post. You also need to replace the original base.xml file as I've added new basetiny font definitions to the original. It will also work with the original source so no need to mess with it once you've replaced the original. This is for the Mythbuntu and Monochrome themes. Not the -Classic theme. If you find a problem, let me know on this forum or by email and I'll fix it. I'd appreciate any feedback.
program-guide.zip
NOTE: You should only use the this to upgrade Monochrome to a 14 channel guide. Please download the Functionality theme from gethub. I'm only leaving this here for people that may want to upgrade the Monochrome theme. The Functionality theme has had A lot more changes to it. It should be in the theme chooser in the near future.
https://github.com/wesnewell/Functionality
Last edited by wesnewell on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

The 4 hour version now works perfectly with the latest mythtv 29.1+fixes. Turns out it was a proplem with the mythtv code, and not the theme code.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

wesnewell wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:46 pm
i tried to upload the complete themes here but the file is too large, so in the process of trying to get them into the repo so you can just select them from the theme chooser. Don't know when or if this will happen. Stay tuned.
In the meantime if you want them to appear in your theme chooser, just rename the directory to whatever and then edit the themeinfo.xml file and give it a new name. Then reload the original theme if you want both in the theme chooser.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

After I got the guide the way I wanted it, I've redone the the menu-ui.xml also to show all selections on each menu throughout without having to scroll to see them all.
functionality-menu.jpg
And rather than modify the mythbuntu theme I've created one called Functionality. Suggest you just download the entire theme from here. That way you get all the changes I've made. Including getting rid of those hash lines you see above on menu screens.
https://github.com/wesnewell/Functionality/
Last edited by wesnewell on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.