mythweb max_input_vars bug and fix

JeffDwork
Junior
United States of America

mythweb max_input_vars bug and fix

Post by JeffDwork »

The mythweb settings - tv - channel info page has too many variables for the php system default of 1000. The current solution is to set max_input_vars to 10000 in 20-mythweb.ini in the /etc/php/*version*/apache2/conf.d directory (on ubuntu, at least). This is the wrong place, as this file will not be loaded after a version upgrade of php.

The fix is insert

Code: Select all

php_value max_input_vars 10000
in /etc/apache2/sites-available/mythweb.conf, in the section with the other php config settings.

I tried to submit a ticket on trac, but cannot log in to the system, despite having a github account and granting mythtv access.

I know that you want to end mythweb support, but I find the pages showing the schedule of one day for a single channel, the recording creation page with all the options, and the upcoming recordings page essential for using mythtv. I only use mythtv for recording and only access it with the web from my desktop or phone. If mythweb is replaced, I hope that the replacement will provide similar capabilities. I am sorry that I don't possess the necessary skills to do the development myself.

Thanks,
Jeff
Steve Goodey
Great Britain

Re: mythweb max_input_vars bug and fix

Post by Steve Goodey »

Jeff,

Thanks very much for this, worked a treat.

I've taken the liberty of raising an issue on Github, hope you don't mind.

https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/issues/38

Regards, Steve.
Last edited by Steve Goodey on Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL amended.
Don't forget the Wiki.