Building from source, plugins configure script

sfatula
Senior
United States of America

Building from source, plugins configure script

Post by sfatula »

So, have been doing this on Mac OSX and I noticed that the configure script for plugins basically enables them all, and then additionally have --enable options. Now that Qt continues to progress and has gotten rid of QtWebKit (yes I know there is a community version), I want to build myth without QtWebKit and have and it works fine. However, the plugins build fails as it insists on building mythbrowser which uses QtWebKit.

If the enable options are there for a reason, then, perhaps the initial list of plugins should start at empty? That way, one can pick at configure time which plugins to build? Failing that, then, enable needs to instead be disable so one can disable specific plugins that start on the list.

I can modify the configure script, and submit, but, would prefer a quick discussion in case I am missing something.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Building from source, plugins configure script

Post by bill6502 »

Hi,

Haven't tried it for the above case, but try ./configure --help, you should see:

NB: all --enable-* options can be reversed with --disable-*

I use it to disable mythgame and mythzoneminder.
sfatula
Senior
United States of America

Re: Building from source, plugins configure script

Post by sfatula »

Sorry did not see that. You are correct, the code does do this and I simply didn't see it:

Code: Select all

--enable-myth?*|--disable-myth?*)
  eval $(echo "$opt" | sed 's/--/action=/;s/-myth/ option=/;s/-/_/g')
  if is_in $option $PLUGIN_LIST; then
      $action $option
  elif is_in $option $DEPRECATED_PLUGIN_LIST; then
      $action $option
  else
      die_unknown $opt
  fi
  ;;
The other problem is the myth 29 configure script, which fails on:

enabled qtwebkit || die "Error! QtWebkit headers not found"

This is easily worked around by removing that whole section, and, then myth compiles fine and runs without QtWebkit. Really though, it should allow QtWebkit to be disabled and not fail. Unless I missed something (again), this is easily fixed.