FreeView Tune Against Mux's Fails...

diyhouse
Senior
Great Britain

FreeView Tune Against Mux's Fails...

Post by diyhouse »

I raised a bug ( #12483 ) some months ago,... and it seems to be just falling through the cracks,.. and although not a show stopper it is a real pain when looking to retune,.. as a full scan stores unwanted Mux's with poor signal quality.

I appreciate this is not a top priority,.. in the big picture,.. but if someone could point me in the right direction, I could look at it my self.... ( I think ).. At a minimum I could test to see if the fix works,... ( probably more realistic ).

The issue,.. as far as I know / can work out,... is that FreqID is not written to the database when a Mux Scan is performed

Are any of the developer able to spare some of their precious time to help me..

Kind regards..
Last edited by dekarl on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add ticket template
PhilB
Senior
Great Britain

Re: FreeView Tune Against Mux's Fails...

Post by PhilB »

Is this related to the re-tuning problem after transmitter changes?
Typical sequence is
1. Mythtv channels are scanned and a multiplex is stored in the database.
2. Transmission authorities upgrade (say) qam64 to qam256.
3. A recan is no longer able to pick up the multiplex.
4. It will pick it up if you delete channels, sources and cards then rescan.

Phil
diyhouse
Senior
Great Britain

Re: FreeView Tune Against Mux's Fails...

Post by diyhouse »

Tx for your input Phil,... I have tried most of your suggestions in the past,.. trying to understand channel quality falling off,.. when it was initially good, ( as per previous discussions here that seems to have been to related to "other transmitter transponders" being locked ),.. but have been playing some more with a dummy system and doing many more re-tunes,....

and I think I have found what messes my ability to rescan against known Mux's/transport.....

Basically during my setup process I shift FreeSAT ( by +100k) and FreeView ( by +50K) channel numbers UP,... before sorting and bringing selected channels down to the range of 100's....

Now if I leave channel numbers as-is,... transport rescan seems to work fine.... shift FreeView channels up, ( 50k+)... and re-Scan transports... channel things get mixed up.. ( I end up with two sets of entries,.. and the original set has no FreqID defined,.. although FreqID I understand is not used with DTV signals,.. ironically ).

but as I said this is just my theory,... I await to see if this theory has some steam..
Rgds