Trouble downloading leanfront.

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Android devices
stanczyk
Newcomer
United States of America

Trouble downloading leanfront.

Post by stanczyk »

My profuse apologies for this post. I've been trying to get leanfront to install on my firestick 4k max for hours now. I've tried so many times I've got physical pain in my fingers.
Does any one have a step-by-step guide to install leanfront? I'm using Downloader
Half the time I'm blocked by ads that won't load, buts that's a orangedox problem. When I actually get to the download page I get a warning from Google drive about viruses and click download, nothing happens. The app isn't on the firestick where Downloader says it put them. I've searched Google and the forums.

Painfully,
Mike
Last edited by Steve Goodey on Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo.
jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Re: Trouble downloading leanfront.

Post by jfabernathy »

I've only used ADB to install Leanfront. https://github.com/bennettpeter/android ... -leanfront

I install adb from the official site and not the Linux distro's repo.

https://developer.android.com/tools/adb

See if you can get started this way.
Last edited by Steve Goodey on Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo.
stanczyk
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: Trouble downloading leanfront.

Post by stanczyk »

I finally got leanfront installed via adb after some problems. I used the Ubuntu repo to install adb because I couldn't find an official adb repo.
Also and wouldn't connect because adb connect ipaddr needs a port number. I tried adb connect ipaddr:5555 but that failed too. When I rechecked that adb debugging was turned on I got a message asking to approve a remote connection. I did and was then able to install leanfront. Leanfront is mostly working except for live TV. However both kodi AND leanfront can't access live TV so I suspect a common cause. Everything else seems to be working well.
For future readers:
I couldn't get the install via Downloader process for firestick to work. After some back and forth with orangedox, they said they don't support anything other than browsers and suggest I download it and move it to the firestick.. *sigh*