[Solved] adb install error

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Android devices
AnalogBill
Junior
United States of America

[Solved] adb install error

Post by AnalogBill »

Had a functional FE until I upgraded the BE to V32, so uninstalled MythFrontend from my Fire Stick 4k and attempted to install new version using adb as I had done before. Any suggestions to get past this error?

Performing Streamed Install
adb: failed to install mythfrontend-20220307-arm64-v32.0-6-ge78a0c0042.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: Failed to extract native libraries, res=-113]
Last edited by AnalogBill on Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Re: adb install error

Post by jfabernathy »

I recently had issues using adb from my distro's repository. I got around that issue by getting adb from the source. Then I just ran adb from the installed directory.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

Sounds more like a ABI version mismatch. I don't use the Android build so not sure but I believe I've seen it mentioned that the Fire Stick is 32bit so one possibility is you are trying to install the 64bit version when you want the 32bit one?
AnalogBill
Junior
United States of America

Post by AnalogBill »

Thanks. Installing the 32 bit version worked. I have a 2020 Firetv Stick 4k with a 64 bit processer so I'm surprised. Was about 1 minute away from buying a Nvidia Shield Pro. Maybe that won't be necessary now.
Update:
-Fire Stick 4K has a 32 bit OS despite having 64 bit hardware. Didn't see anything in the Wiki to suggest the 32 bit download was required for the Fire Stick 4K.
-ADB only copies the apk to the Fire Stick and reports the result. Meaning this was never an ADB problem.