leanfront requirements

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Android devices
crabb
Newcomer
United States of America

leanfront requirements

Post by crabb »

Does the leanfront frontend have any particular android requirements? I'm trying to run it on a Fire TV 2nd gen (pendant style, not stick), which is based on android 5.1.1 with API level 22. I installed leanfront-v0-239-g7770891. When I launch it, the screen blanks and then it drops right back to home screen. I am able to run the official mythfrontend and kodi on the same device. So I'm wondering if the leanfront frontend needs a later version of android or the API?

Otherwise, any tips for debugging?

thanks.
jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Re: leanfront requirements

Post by jfabernathy »

I originally had a FireTV stick that was not 4K and none of the mythtv apps work very well on it at all; really unusable for HD programming.

The FireTV 4K and FireTV Cube will run mythtv-leanfront and mythtv-frontend nicely.

I just tested leanfront-v0-239-g7770891 on my FireTV 4K stick and it works nicely. Fire TV OS 6.2.7.7
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Post by pgbennett »

Minimum api version is 21, so it should run.

I have tested leanfront on a fire stick second gen, but not recently. I will test it again to see if it still works. However, the fire stick second gen does not handle MPEG2 well, it stops and starts. Also it does not deinterlace. So if you only have H264 content not interlaced it would be workable.

If you capture the output of adb log in a file, I will take a look to see what is happening. Please open a ticket on github, at https://github.com/bennettpeter/android ... ont/issues and attach the adb log or a link to pastebin with the adb log.
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Post by pgbennett »

OK I found the problem. The latest version is not working with the fire stick. I will get a fix done.
crabb
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by crabb »

Ack! I just created a new ticket on github before I saw your second reply. Thanks for checking it out!
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Post by pgbennett »

Fix in v0-240-g97a6708. Let me know if there are still problems.
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Post by pgbennett »

Trying leanfront again on the fire stick gen2, MPEG2 as well as H264 seem to work well now. The only problem I see is that there is no deinterlace.
heyted
Senior
United States of America

Post by heyted »

Leanfront on non-4K 3rd gen Fire TV Stick with Comcast cablecard HD appears to be working fine. I just bought one and tried it.

Edit: Fixed grammar
Last edited by heyted on Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ted | My blog
crabb
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by crabb »

The new version, v0-240-g97a6708, fixes my problem. Thanks again for the quick fix!