MythTV Leanback frontend

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Android devices
jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

MythTV Leanback frontend

Post by jfabernathy »

Just saw that Leanfront has a new release v0-198. The big deal for me is in the tool section. There is a Manage Recording button.
This section lets you see the program guide and then setup recordings. Also there's a new option for matching frame rates. See all the details on the readme https://github.com/bennettpeter/android ... /README.md

It's a great addition!

Thanks.
chicobiker
Junior
United States of America

Re: MythTV Leanback frontend

Post by chicobiker »

Loaded the new version .199 today and was able to set up a recording which has since recorded with no issues. One thing I did notice when setting up the recording was that when toggling between the different options the highlight is just barely distinguishable from the normal background. Very hard for me to see. Is anyone else seeing this?
jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Post by jfabernathy »

chicobiker wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:58 pm
Loaded the new version .199 today and was able to set up a recording which has since recorded with no issues. One thing I did notice when setting up the recording was that when toggling between the different options the highlight is just barely distinguishable from the normal background. Very hard for me to see. Is anyone else seeing this?
Not a problem here. The background changes from some shade of brown to green when I set it to record and it says Will Record in the bottom right of the program block. My TV is a UHD 4K and when it's in HDMI 2.0 HDR+ mode I can't change any colors so it is what it is.

Jim A
chicobiker
Junior
United States of America

Post by chicobiker »

Adjusted settings on our new tv and much better now. Sure love the picture on Leanback too.
loddonlily
Junior
Great Britain

Post by loddonlily »

Given that I've not yet solved my Myth Frontend menu problems, and that the Program guide is now available, I thought I'd give this a go. Installed and setup quickly, and is very pretty. V199. Slight quibbles that I can't see the date/time recorded on the recordings listing (unless you drill down into each program), and that there seem to be an unnecessary number of clicks to get to, say, a movie recorded in my Movies group, but hey, these are just quibbles and it certainly looks good.

However, of a sample of about 15 recordings that I tried to play (all UK HD DTV) about two-thirds failed with a runtime error. I don't know if this is the same as the issue flagged in the notes (says you need to run ffmpeg to fix the file) but it makes it sadly unusable for now, for me at least.

But it does look like the way to go, for sure...
jksj
Senior
Great Britain

Post by jksj »

leanfront-v0-203-g0a5c9fa
Just an u[date on UK playback
on Firestick 4K with latest firmware both Freesat & Freeview are very good
on Shield TV only Freesat is reliable
jksj
Senior
Great Britain

Post by jksj »

leanfront-v0-207-g11262a3
UK playback issues mainly fixed
gives reliable playback for DVB-S2 & DVB-T2 on both Shield anf F4K
Tested thoroughly with HD programs on Freesat limited testing Freeview.
Recommend that anybody who has previously had problems retests
loddonlily
Junior
Great Britain

Post by loddonlily »

jksj wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:45 pm
leanfront-v0-207-g11262a3
UK playback issues mainly fixed
gives reliable playback for DVB-S2 & DVB-T2 on both Shield anf F4K
Tested thoroughly with HD programs on Freesat limited testing Freeview.
Recommend that anybody who has previously had problems retests
Well, I guess that means me! So, yes, I just downloaded v207 onto my Shield. Installed fine. I threw a bunch of recordings at it - approximately the same set as the ones I referred to a couple of posts ago - and am happy to confirm that all played correctly.

Thanks for the fix!