Inactivity of Android/Shield stops playback

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Android devices
cbovy
Newcomer
Netherlands

Inactivity of Android/Shield stops playback

Post by cbovy »

hi all,

Since the latest update of mythfrontend on Shield, the behavior has changed slightly on inactivity.
Previously when Playback was paused and the inactivity timeout of Android kicks in, mythfrontend was waiting until resumed from inactivity and un-pause would continue the playback where paused.

Since the latest update, mythfrontend is exiting playback and goes back to the Recordings List when inactivity timer is reached. There is no bookmark placed. The WAF has decreased a bit....
Has there been any commit to revert and test?

Current version: mythfrontend-20200716-arm64-v31.0-79-g89d1991ef2
Previous version: at least 6 months old, don't have the exact version anymore

Regards,

Charles
loddonlily
Junior
Great Britain

Re: Inactivity of Android/Shield stops playback

Post by loddonlily »

Not sure of my version but I know its a recent one, and is showing the same behaviour. Annoying. Its not exactly a solution, but you can change the duration of the inactivity timer ... I've set mine to 30 minutes, which ought to be enough time to go and make a cup of tea!
cbovy
Newcomer
Netherlands

Post by cbovy »

I have reverted this commit: Exit playback instead of pausing on Android suspend (627c03de102b2dc0a4833f73fa1043df35c5430d)
And behavior is back to what I was experiencing before. I don't have recognized the bad unrecoverable state.

When Play is paused, and Shield kicks in the screensaver, I can resume from where I left.
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Post by pgbennett »

I would think that it should set a bookmark before exiting playback. I suggest you log a bug at https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues to get this commit fixed so it sets a bookmark before exiting playback if the option to set bookmarks on exit is selected in setup.