mythfrontend timeline issue

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Android devices
jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

mythfrontend timeline issue

Post by jfabernathy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:22 pm

I've had some time to test and just use mythfrontend on my Shield TV since the recent upgrade to: mythfrontend-20200610-arm64-v31.0-51-gdd35db8df1.apk

It works well and looks good, but I have noticed a problem. Here are the steps I do to reproduce it:

- Start watching an in-progress recording at ~20 minutes after it started recording.
- At ~18 minutes into my watching the program took a local new break for 12 minutes so I used the down arrow to skip 10 minutes. However, it skipped to real time ~40 minutes into the program, basically skipping to the current end of program, but kept playing.
- I used a mixture of direction arrows to go to 30 minutes into the program to continue watching.

This seems to be only caused if the down arrow is the first skip feature I used during watching this program.

Jim A

jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Re: mythfrontend timeline issue

Post by jfabernathy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:07 pm

I repeated the same steps this morning and instead of the desired 10 minute skip forward it went to the current time of the in-progress recording.

So for me on OTA ATSC HD 1080i recordings it's repeatable.

I do not see this on the Ubuntu x86_64 mythfrontend

jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Re: mythfrontend timeline issue

Post by jfabernathy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:22 pm

Some recent testing makes me think this is a Shield TV problem and not a FireTV 4K problem. More testing needed