LeanFront Video Issue

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Android devices
shredder83
Newcomer
Canada

LeanFront Video Issue

Post by shredder83 »

I've got an Android 11 TV box. I downloaded the latest version of leanfront (20220518-leanfront-release-v0-355-ge675892). Installed OK.
When I start it, it goes straight to the Settings menu, which causes the display to cycle between black scree and Settings page every second or so. Almost like it can't determine the resolution to show on the TV.
If I hit the back button, it will go to the blue background with the Tools menu and icons and look correct. As soon as I go into Settings, same thing again.

I'm new to the Android TV boxes so not sure where to look for logs or how to debug what is going on. All the other apps I have installed have no issues, just leanfront.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Re: LeanFront Video Issue

Post by pgbennett »

i have not seen that behavior or heard of anybody else having that problem.

I can work with you on fixing this, if you are interested. I can also explain how to create the settings manually so you don't need to use the settings dialog. This would be a temporary solution until I can understand what is going on and fix it.
If you are interested in helping debug the issue, please open a ticket in https://github.com/bennettpeter/android ... ont/issues.
shredder83
Newcomer
Canada

Post by shredder83 »

I’ve open a ticket like requested.

https://github.com/bennettpeter/android ... /issues/34

Thanks for wanting to help.
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Post by pgbennett »

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The fix is now available on the download site.