Digital Audio / Passthru on Amazon Fire TV stick

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Android devices
monkeypet
Junior
United States of America

Digital Audio / Passthru on Amazon Fire TV stick

Post by monkeypet » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:04 pm

I am using the mythtvfrontend 32 bit version v31 on the Amazon Fire TV stick 4k (latest as of today). I can't seem to figure out the combination to enabled the Digital Audio and/or Passthru. I have tried most settings in audio including toggling the audio device and the various speaker and digital configuration. The best I got was Digital Dolby 2.0, but that's not the passthru Digital 5.1 I am looking for. The FireTV is connected to my Bose audio receiver via HDMI. Playback video is set to OpenGL using the Android MediaCodec.

The FireTV itself digital audio seems fine with all other apps including Amazon, Disney, Neflix. I tried both Kodi and the MythTV leanfront client on the Amazon Fire TV stick 4k, both are working and seem to be able to stream out the audio at Digital Dolby 5.1.

These are HD TV recordings from HD Home run devices OTA.

pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Re: Digital Audio / Passthru on Amazon Fire TV stick

Post by pgbennett » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:58 pm

Make sure playback audio is set to Audiotrack and not opensles.

monkeypet
Junior
United States of America

Re: Digital Audio / Passthru on Amazon Fire TV stick

Post by monkeypet » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:58 am

pgbennett wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:58 pm
Make sure playback audio is set to Audiotrack and not opensles.
This I did. Unfortunately, still not working, I can't it play the sound when selecting the digital audio options. I see my audio receiver changes to Dolby 5.1, but no sound. When I didn't select the digital audio options, I get sound, but only stereo. Kodi and Leanfront works perfectly, but I am so used to the mythfrontend interface.