Mythtv V30: Problem with unresolved dependencies installing on Buster Lite on RPi4

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Raspberry Pi devices
dwjk
Newcomer
United States of America

Mythtv V30: Problem with unresolved dependencies installing on Buster Lite on RPi4

Post by dwjk »

I’m fairly new to using Linux, having taken it up in order to build a MythTV PVR system. I’ve gotten a backend running on an old Intel Celeron and I’m attempting to build a RPi4 frontend with Buster Lite and mythtv. I’ve downloaded mythtv-light and mythplugins-light and it appears that mythtv has installed.

My problem is that in attempting to use gdebi to install mythplugins the installation fails due to errors attempting to access the mirros hosted by syringanetworks. The initial error is a timeout and the following errors are that the site is unreachable.

Oh, and is there an easy way to download from orangedox? I wound up having to download via Windows 10 since I’m lacking enough Linux knowledge to do it via the command line and I’m running both the Celeron and the RPi4 in a headless mode.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks - dwjk
dwjk
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: Mythtv V30: Problem with unresolved dependencies installing on Buster Lite on RPi4

Post by dwjk »

OK .. after about 5 days of trying to install mythplugins-light_31.0-158.deb and it failing due to the mirrors at syringa networks being unreachable, I was just successful in installing it. This time it appeared to be accessing the mirrors at terraswitch. I guess it's just the "magic" of how the Linux community has put things together.