Audio changing when theme changes

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Raspberry Pi devices
jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Audio changing when theme changes

Post by jfabernathy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:43 pm

I know this sounds wrong, but I've tested it a number of times.
Switching from Theme MythCenter 1.4 (default) to MythCenter-wide 1.7 causes the audio to be much louder from the rear right speaker.

I did my normal v30 FE/BE combo install. I didn't create the $HOME/.asoundrc file so I picked audio output device ALSA:hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=2 with DIgital Audio Capabilities of only E-AC-3 checked. Then I had 5.1 speakers set.

With that setup, just switching Themes from the Default to another theme causes the audio change.

BTW, the reason I didn't use the Audio device ALSA:default:CARD=ALSA is I can't get 5.1 to work. It just buzzes unless in Stereo.
Last edited by jfabernathy on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Re: Audio changing when theme changes

Post by jfabernathy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:53 pm

I've been doing some more testing. With the Theme set to MythCenter-wide 1.7 I just started Watch TV then hit Escape to exit then select Watch TV again. It's random as to whether the audio comes up with normal 5.1 or with the sound mostly out of the Rear Right speaker.

jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Re: Audio changing when theme changes

Post by jfabernathy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:44 pm

jfabernathy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:53 pm
I've been doing some more testing. With the Theme set to MythCenter-wide 1.7 I just started Watch TV then hit Escape to exit then select Watch TV again. It's random as to whether the audio comes up with normal 5.1 or with the sound mostly out of the Rear Right speaker.
This is definitely not Theme related as makes sense. It's some random startup on the player. I notice it most on Live TV. If the 5.1 sound is mostly out of the rear right speaker you exit and start again.

I only notice this on Rasberry Pi 4 frontends, not x86 or Android.