White flicker on every key press in menu navigation with .30

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Raspberry Pi devices
jac1d
Junior
Canada

White flicker on every key press in menu navigation with .30

Post by jac1d »

BE (LinHES distro) and FE (MythLight packages from Peter's repo) are upgraded to .30.

I am mostly done documenting my "from scratch" setup on the Pi 3 and I have things largely working, but I have run in to an annoying bug or oddity that I haven't been able to resolve (was not present with .29 MythLight on same hardware). When I navigate up and down on the recordings screen I get a brief cut through to white. I am using the Mythbuntu theme (.30) which has a black background so it is VERY noticeable and distracting. In that moment when you hit the down arrow before the cover art etc. appears and the thumbnail from the video, I get a white screen flash. It doesn't happen every single time but does happen probably 80% of the time. Happens with both up and down navigation on the recordings screen but also sometimes within the higher level menus when navigating.

I tried setting the window painter to QT from "Auto" but it made no difference. Given that there were no other options than QT I didn't expect it would, but I don't know what else is going on there.

Is this a known issue and is there a setting to work around it?

Thanks,

-Jeff
jac1d
Junior
Canada

Re: White flicker on every key press in menu navigation with .30

Post by jac1d »

I am 99% sure the flicker is frontend config related, but for the sake of thoroughness, the backend version (LinHES 8.6 release) is:

[jac@mythtv ~]$ mythbackend --version
Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v30.0-34-g81081957a0
MythTV Branch : fixes/30
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20181231-1
QT Version : 5.10.1
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_backend using_bdjava using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_openmax using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xnvctrl using_xnvctrl_external using_libbluray_external using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal using_bdjava using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_fontconfig using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vaapi2 using_vdpau using_openmax using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Post by pgbennett »

I suppose it is a known issue. I have seen it but not done anything about it. It did not seem important. If you feel it is important you can create a ticket.
jac1d
Junior
Canada

Post by jac1d »

Will do. I need to read through the process and set up the appropriate account etc. so it will be a day or two as I have commitments the rest of the day.

-Jeff