Update Mythtv Light

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on Raspberry Pi devices
Robert Worrall
Junior
Great Britain

Update Mythtv Light

Post by Robert Worrall »

Hello,
I want to update my mythtv-light backend to 32. However I cannot find the command? Is there a simple command to do this?

I don't really want to start from scratch.

Many thanks

Rob.
jfabernathy
Senior
United States of America

Re: Update Mythtv Light

Post by jfabernathy »

I'd like to help, but I have never done this. So any advice is a pure guess based on how you might do it on x86.

There are so many things to consider. Are you running Bullseye or Buster, 64 or 32 bits, etc. Chances are if you are running v31 your are on buster. I don't even know how to start from scratch to build a v32 on buster. And you would not like what you ended up with.

If you are running with a USB3 to SATA SSD, then just save the old SSD and get a new one to build a fresh system following the instructions posted on this forum and restore you database and recordings?

If you get your 64 bit Bullseye v32 images from herehttps://dl.orangedox.com/pCBmBm/1bO1JOe ... DFhG5qg0-K you could do it in an hour. Following the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4799
Robert Worrall
Junior
Great Britain

Re: Update Mythtv Light

Post by Robert Worrall »

Thank you for your reply and sound advice. I will put an hour aside in the next week (Although the way I set things up it will probably take more than an hour :lol: ).

Rob