United States of America

Re: No OSD

Post by pgbennett » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:41 pm

The links should be created when you install mythtv-light, as follows

Code: Select all

pi@eagle2:~ $ ls -l /usr/share/mythtv/lib/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Feb  8 13:40 libEGL.so.1 -> /opt/vc/lib/libbrcmEGL.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Feb  8 13:40 libEGL.so.1.0.0 -> /opt/vc/lib/libbrcmEGL.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Feb  8 13:40 libGLESv2.so.2 -> /opt/vc/lib/libbrcmGLESv2.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Feb  8 13:40 libGLESv2.so.2.0.0 -> /opt/vc/lib/libbrcmGLESv2.so
pi@eagle2:~ $ 
You should not need any other links. Linking EGL to GLES will likely cause problems.

I guess I should download the latest raspbian stretch and see if I can see the problems.

pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Post by pgbennett » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:42 pm

I created a new SD card based on April 18th 2018 version of raspbian stretch. I added the MPEG2 license and increased GPU memory to 256M. I installed mythtv-light version 29. Mythfrontend failed to start. I tried it from a console and saw the error message that libGLESv2.so was not found. I don't know why this is happening but I ran this command

sudo ln -s /opt/vc/lib/libbrcmGLESv2.so /usr/share/mythtv/lib/libGLESv2.so
and after that mythfrontend was fine. Playback and OSD is also fine. (I had previously selected openmax advanced). The playback was a bit glitchy so I updated the governor as described in the wiki. I will update the package to create the missing link when the package is installed. I don't know why that suddenly started happening.

I suggest you try this on a new SD card. It only takes an hour or so. Don't do anything with the SD card other than the minimum (basic settings, GPU, MPEG2 license and install only mythtv-light, nothing else).

Merlin83b
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by Merlin83b » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:37 am

Reinstallation did the trick, thanks. I didn't even need to do the GLES link.

I can't get the IEC958 audio to show up in setup/audio, but I'll work on that another time. Like in viewtopic.php?t=582 I had to choose a different audio device, but then ALSA:default vanished and hasn't come back. Using the other device I do get sound though, so not too bad!

Merlin83b
Newcomer
Great Britain

Post by Merlin83b » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:45 am

I should have fiddled before I posted :)

One of the entries in

aplay -L
was:

hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1
    bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
So I chose that and after using

alsamixer
to put the volume up to full, that now works well.