Recordedseek crashed

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hedgehog52
Newcomer
United States of America

Recordedseek crashed

Post by hedgehog52 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:16 pm

I had a system lockup today and when I brought it back up, I was unable to watch anything in mythtv. Looking in the logfile I see that the recordedseek table is marked as crashed.

So, I've tried "mysqlcheck --repair -A -u mythtv -pmythtv", which returns the list of tables and this for recordedseek:

mythconverg.recordedseek
error : Can't create new tempfile: './mythconverg/recordedseek.TMD'

I found a suggestion online to run "myisamchk -r -f tables.MYI", but the response is that table doesn't exist. There's probably something implicit in that suggestion that I'm not understanding, but there you go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hedgehog52
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: Recordedseek crashed

Post by hedgehog52 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:31 pm

I found a suggestion to just drop the table and rebuild it, and this seems to have worked. At least I can now watch recordings. I vaguely remember this happening a few years ago, and I had to setup some shell scripts to use mythcommflag to rebuild recordedseek for each recording. Will I need to go through that exercise, or will mythtv somehow sense that the table needs to be repopulated and take care of it in the background? My database has 2763 recordings consuming 7.26 TB.

paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Recordedseek crashed

Post by paulh » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:50 am

I'm afraid in 0.27-fixes you will have to manually rebuild the seek tables.

In master there is a mythutil command to check recordings and optionally fix any missing seek tables.