mythfilldatabase doesn't do authentication callback

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

User avatar
bill6502
Developer
Posts: 1438
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:28 pm
United States of America

Re: mythfilldatabase doesn't do authentication callback

Post by bill6502 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:13 pm

jas_il wrote: I seem to be experiencing the same problem reported previously in this thread
Authorization: Basic Og==
Hi,

Just to be sure, does the following (from your favorite browser) return the
UserId and Password you're expecting? And the Grabber should be set
to: schedulesdirect1 .

Code: Select all

yourBackendHostNameOrIP:6544/Channel/GetVideoSourceList
I just tested my 0.28 backend and if I set the username and password to nothing,
I get the same 'Og==' you do. Good to know that there are now 2 with the same
symptoms and odd that others aren't reporting it here or on the mailing lists or
IRC. If it's Qt, I'm at a loss too.

jas_il
Newcomer
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:07 pm
United States of America

Re: mythfilldatabase doesn't do authentication callback

Post by jas_il » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Bill and Craig,

Thanks very much for the help with this!

I am now able to successfully download the guide data. It appears that I had two rows in the videosource table with xmltvgrabber of schedulesdirect1 (see table below). The entry for sourceid 1 with xmltvgrabber schedulesdirect1 had a blank userid and password. The entry for sourceid 2 was configured correctly with a valid userid, lineupid, and password. Even though mythtfilldatabase iterated over all 4 sources and sourceid 2 was configured correctly, the authentication was not passed to schedulesdirect for sourceid 2. I don't imagine that the entries for sourceid 3 and 4 had anything to do with the problem. The fix was to delete all sources and recreate only the valid source. I'm not sure how I initially created sourceid 1 with no name, userid or password, but apparently this should be avoided!

Thanks again,

Jamie

Code: Select all

MariaDB [mythconverg]> SELECT * FROM videosource;

+----------+-----------------+------------------+-----------------------+-----------+----------+----------+--------+------------+------------+
| sourceid | name            | xmltvgrabber     | userid | freqtable | lineupid | password | useeit | configpath | dvb_nit_id |
+----------+-----------------+------------------+-----------------------+-----------+----------+----------+--------+------------+------------+
|        1 |                 | schedulesdirect1 | | default   | NULL     | NULL     |      0 | NULL       |         -1|
|        2 | schedulesdirect | schedulesdirect1 |validuserid | default   | validlineupid | validpassword|      0 |NULL       |         -1 |
|        3 | eit             | NULL             | | default   | NULL     | NULL     |      0 | NULL       |         -1|
|        4 | datadirect      | NULL             | | default   | NULL     | NULL     |      0 | NULL       |         -1|
+----------+-----------------+------------------+-----------------------+-----------+----------+----------+--------+------------+------------+

Post Reply