[SOLVED] Scheduled Direct V34

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lostinignorance
Junior
United States of America

[SOLVED] Scheduled Direct V34

Post by lostinignorance »

I am having a hell of a time trying to setup a new MythTV instance on Ubuntu. Since the "old version" (mythtv-setup) has been depreciated, I am having issues using the new web interface. I cannot get Schedules Direct setup on this instance. This is a fresh install of Ubuntu desktop 22.04 and I am installing mythtv-backend-master.

When setting up on the web interface for video source, the provided "Configure Grabber" seems to have some incorrect syntax. What is this supposed to be?

Configure Grabber
Configure the grabber by running this command using ssh or terminal logged into the backend. See the MythTV wiki: XMLTV
sudo -u mythtv tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure --config-file "null/SchedulesDirect.xmltv"
Last edited by lostinignorance on Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
white_haired_uncle
Senior
United States of America

Re: Scheduled Direct V34

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Assuming you named your video source SchedulesDirect (I named mine "antenna", so I use antenna.xmltv), and tv_grab_zz_sdjson is in /usr/bin, try

Code: Select all

sudo -u mythtv /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure --config-file ~mythtv/.mythtv/SchedulesDirect.xmltv
I opened a ticket for this, since I see it too

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/889
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lostinignorance
Junior
United States of America

Post by lostinignorance »

white_haired_uncle wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:34 pm
Assuming you named your video source SchedulesDirect (I named mine "antenna", so I use antenna.xmltv), and tv_grab_zz_sdjson is in /usr/bin, try

Code: Select all

sudo -u mythtv /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure --config-file ~mythtv/.mythtv/SchedulesDirect.xmltv
That worked!! Thank you!! Does a bug report need to be created on the github repository to fix the "null/SchedulesDirect.xmltv" location that shows incorrect on the web interface for new users?
white_haired_uncle
Senior
United States of America

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I was just updating my post to mention that I did.

Please edit your first post and change the subject to "[solved] Scheduled Direct V34" (they like that)