MCP reset

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PhilB
Senior
Great Britain

MCP reset

Post by PhilB »

I have a laptop which has until now had v32 frontend loaded. It accesses our main (and only) backend on 192.168.2.109.
I now want to set the laptop up as a stand alone development FE+BE to try out a later version of Mythtv, totally divorced from the v32 backend.

Mythbuntu Control Panel though is 'remembering' the old settings and progress previously made.
For example, I deleted ~mythtv/.mythtv/cnfig.xml and /etc/mythtv/config.xlm and they have been recreated with IP address set as 127.0.0.1 but the backend config program could not open the database because it was trying to access 192.168.2.109 which fortunately was disconnected at the time!

How do I reset MCP so it has complete amnesia about the old configuration and starts afresh? Is there an MCP progress file somewhere which needs deleting?
Phil
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: MCP reset

Post by bill6502 »

'til heyted gets here ;), I do see that it looks at '/usr/share/mythtv/config.xml' if /etc/mythtv/config.xml isn't setup.
heyted
Senior
United States of America

Post by heyted »

Sorry Phil. There is currently no way in MCP to reset all changes in a single step. The changes would need to be undone one at a time using MCP. An alternative is, of course, to reinstall Ubuntu. I am not aware of anything in MCP that would change the database or backend IP address setting if MythTV Backend Setup (mythtv-setup) --> General --> Host Address Backend Setup --> Primary IP Address is used to change it. If you find something I've overlooked, please let me know or post it here.

Some of the Python functions involving config.xml are remnants from the old MCC code and not executed.
Ted | My blog
PhilB
Senior
Great Britain

Post by PhilB »

Thanks both.
I could not find the 'live system' address in any of the config.xml files so concluded that it was in an sql database on the laptop.
Re-installing xubuntu and mcp fixed it, but it's a bit drastic and there is probably a database way of fixing it.
Phil