[Solved] How to configure recording information displayed during playback

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

oldright
Newcomer
United States of America

[Solved] How to configure recording information displayed during playback

Post by oldright »

Hi. I recently updated my 2 Xubuntu 22.04.1 Myth boxes from mythtv 32 to 33.1. Both seem to be working perfectly well.
One thing I have noticed with the new version is that when watching a recording, I can press the Info button on the remote and see some additional details that were not seen in previous myth versions: time remaining and date/time recorded.

The older versions of mythtv would show only current time in recording/total time of recording.
The 33.1 version shows current time/total time (remaining time) in the information status overlay. It also displays the original date/time the recording was made in the overlay.

I like these new information fields, but the problem I have is that they only appear on one of my myth boxes. I must have something configured differently on the PC that displays the additional recording details, but I have been unable to find where to enable/configure this data on my second myth box.

Would someone steer me in the direction needed to make both boxes display this new (to me anyway) recording status information? I have searched through the frontend configuration menus and have been unable to locate these particular settings.

Thanks for any help!
blm-ubunet
Senior
Cambodia

Re: How to configure recording information displayed during playback

Post by blm-ubunet »

I would assume these new information fields are driven by theme update.
Maybe one FE can not update the themes.
oldright
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: How to configure recording information displayed during playback

Post by oldright »

That was it! I didn't consider that those new information fields were part of the theme. Only one of my boxes had the updated theme.

Thanks for your assistance!