mythtv-setup crash on video source

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

glenb
Junior
United States of America

mythtv-setup crash on video source

Post by glenb »

recently i deleted a video source, one for iptv (freebox), since when i enter video sources in the setup program it crashes (segfaults) with error message of 'index out range' . i was wondering if anyone knows of a manual adjustment i could make to mythconverg to clear the problem. i can add manually new video sources and i don't use mythfilldatabase from within mythtv. so the sources are pretty much the same. but i'd like to have the setup work.

i am on arch linux. 32 fixes, very recently built from arch aur package. i ditched my cable box and have antenna (hdhr quattro) and a few different iptv sources, so new ones are for iptv.

thanks if anyone knows.
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: mythtv-setup crash on video source

Post by kmdewaal »

You can have a look at the existing entries in the videosource table and then add something similar with sql commands. However, this is an error-prone process and it will only solve your problem. It would be better to fix it in mythtv-setup so that it will be fixed for everybody.
For that we need the console log with the errors. And if possible a gdb traceback, eg start mythtv-setup in gdb and then after the segfault do "thread apply all bt full".
glenb
Junior
United States of America

Re: mythtv-setup crash on video source

Post by glenb »

thanks, yes i realize the process is not a good idea. i have since added two videosource entries manually and still have the error. also to actually replicate the problem the proper thing would be to remove one and then try to enter the videosource in mythtv-setup. i can no longer do that using mythtv-setup. i may be able to reproduce on a frontend only machine that has never run a backend. i was hoping to be able to correct it and then reproduce the error for a ticket/issue