Myth 0.31 recent Motherboard change - all working well until tonight when schedules no longer functioning

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

briggella
Junior
New Zealand

Myth 0.31 recent Motherboard change - all working well until tonight when schedules no longer functioning

Post by briggella »

I am running Myth 0.31 + fixes 0.202203040618.7e4ce1ba98-ubuntu20.04.1 and recently migrated from a Gigabyte 4th generation I5 board to 10th Generation board with B560 chipset from H97 chipset due to hardware failure. This necessitated a few minor tweaks including a geforce gt730 graphics card but was otherwise uneventful and the system has been working for several weeks since this event.

Tonight it missed several recordings and on closer inspection, the schedules are all present, but are marked as "óverride recording - don't record". I cannot think of anything that may have precipitated this, there have been a few security updates, but little else. Live TV works perfectly, and there is no entry in the recordings to say there has been a failed recording. It is as if there was no attempt to make a recording.

I have tried to optimize the database which took some time but has made no difference.

I attach a log from pastebin from this evening when a news program was supposed to have been recorded for 6pm and normally starts 22 minutes early.

I am not sure where to go from here.

Code: Select all

https://pastebin.com/PazssPJh
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: Myth 0.31 recent Motherboard change - all working well until tonight when schedules no longer functioning

Post by kmdewaal »

In the log I see
Aug 8 17:48:53 Mythbox mythbackend: mythbackend[1347]: E TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:3954 (TuningSignalCheck) TVRec[106]: TuningSignalCheck: SignalMonitor timed out
for both tuners 105 and 106.
Assuming that this is a dual-tuner DVB-S2 card it suggests that there is something wrong with the input signal or that you need to do a channel scan.
However, if you can do Live TV from the same channels and from the same tuner that you try to record from then both the signal and the channel table are OK.
briggella
Junior
New Zealand

Re: Myth 0.31 recent Motherboard change - all working well until tonight when schedules no longer functioning

Post by briggella »

There are terrestrial tuners, and at one time they did work but the terrestrial signal has gone AWOL. We are rural.

As a further note, I can add new rules but I cannot adjust the old rules. They are all marked never to be recorded which I cannot change.

Another oddity is that the job queue now goes back 6 and a half years. presumably something has happened to the database though there is nothing in the error logs.