[SOLVED!] Recordings think they're 77 hours long!

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hedgehog52
Junior
United States of America

[SOLVED!] Recordings think they're 77 hours long!

Post by hedgehog52 »

I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to get commercial detection and I thought I had it right. But now fresh recordings think they're 77:24:28 long. This prevents me from skipping ahead and locks up mythfrontend for about a minute. At some point, though, perhaps after commercial detection is run, they seem to revert to the right length. I've gone through and disabled transcoding in all the recording types in mythtv-setup, but no dice. Any ideas?
Last edited by hedgehog52 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: Recordings think they're 77 hours long!

Post by kmdewaal »

If you also disable commercial flagging so that you just make clean recordings without any processing, are the recordings then still 77 hours?
What is your mythtv version?
Does this happen on one specific channel or on all channels?
hedgehog52
Junior
United States of America

Post by hedgehog52 »

It's random, and on all channels. In fact, I recorded a movie last night that was so messed up it wasn't even watchable. I didn't pay much attention, but it thought it was something like 10,000 hours long and kept blinking the messed up time in the upper right corner. I'm starting to wonder if it's even a mythtv code problem. So, I've decided to just rebuild this system from scratch on a new drive. That comes in tomorrow, so we'll see.
hedgehog52
Junior
United States of America

Post by hedgehog52 »

kmdewaal wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:52 am
If you also disable commercial flagging so that you just make clean recordings without any processing, are the recordings then still 77 hours?
What is your mythtv version?
Does this happen on one specific channel or on all channels?
[s]I'm not completely sure yet, but it's looking like I fixed it! For some reason (don't ask me why) I installed "tsmuxer" and a number of other things just before this started happening. I couldn't remember the name and had to go on a wumpus hunt, but I found it and removed it. Things immediately started looking better. So, I'm hopeful![/s]

No luck. The first 3 recordings I made were just fine. But the next had the problem gain. So, I guess it's reinstall tomorrow.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

It's very unlikely any software you installed outside of MythTV is causing this problem since MythTV does all it processing of recordings using it's own software. It would be nice to try and figure out what the problem is before the last resort of reinstalling everything.

If you can find one of the files that is causing problems (pressing I once or twice in the Watch Recording screen with the recording highlighted should show some info including the recordings filename) it would be useful to see what other players make of it like VLC. If you have it installed try mythffplay that uses the same version of ffmpeg. That should tell us if the recording is corrupt in which case there may be little we can do about that or there is something else wrong.

I was wondering if you have a corrupt recordedseek db table but the intermittent nature doesn't really fit well with that but worth checking just to eliminate it.
hedgehog52
Junior
United States of America

Post by hedgehog52 »

Thank you paulh! I had forgotten about the mysqlcheck function! I ran "mysqlcheck -r -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg" and it displayed a lot of seek table errors. (I didn't think to capture the output, but it seemed to be large.) Then, I ran it again and it reported no errors. The automated records that I had made in the wee hours that were broken have been repaired. So, maybe this takes care of it. I certainly wasn't looking forward to creating a new system. I'll have to re-enable commercial checking to see if that works now, as well.

Thanks again!