Removing hundreds of damaged recordings

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Amorget
Newcomer
United States of America

Removing hundreds of damaged recordings

Post by Amorget »

Backstory: I had my antenna disconnected from my HDHomeRuns for over a year, which caused MythTV to record literally hundreds of shows with basically no file.

Is there some way I can bulk delete all the damaged recordings and set them to re-record? I looked at some of the existing scripts, but neither have a damaged parameter.

Thanks,
Douglas
PhilB
Senior
Great Britain

Re: Removing hundreds of damaged recordings

Post by PhilB »

I have not used this but it looks powerful.
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Delete_recordings.py

Alternatively a hand crafted script to use the api
GetRecordedList
Identify those with starttime during the downtime
DeleteRecording
Allow backend time to process them.
Hth
Phil
Amorget
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by Amorget »

PhilB, I had looked at the Delete_recordings script (specifically the alt one as it has a --rerecord option), but I wasn't think that I could just use a start and end date to filter out all my broken ones.

I used the start and end date and deleted all my recordings. Initially it didn't seem to work, but after a few hours I checked back and they were all gone.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

The following will produce a list of titles and recordedids that can be fed to the Dvr/DeleteRecording endpoint
that Phil mentioned above:

Code: Select all

mysql --batch --user=mythtv --password mythconverg --execute     "SELECT r.title,r.recordedid FROM recorded AS r,recordedprogram AS p WHERE r.chanid = p.chanid
        AND r.starttime = p.starttime AND FIND_IN_SET('DAMAGED', p.videoprop)
                        ORDER BY r.recordedid" | grep --invert-match recordedid > damaged.recordings.out
Run that and make sure the titles are what you expect, then if it's OK, remove the "r.title," after the SELECT
to produce a file with just the recordedids. Those can be used in the following curl.

Note that DeleteRedording must be a POST, not a GET. Sample line:

Code: Select all

curl --data RecordedId=<one recordedid> --data AllowRerecord=true --header Accept:Application/JSON localhost:6544/Dvr/GetRecorded