migrating from linHES to Mythtv - Problem with Plex

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nbdwt73
Newcomer
United States of America

migrating from linHES to Mythtv - Problem with Plex

Post by nbdwt73 »

I am migration to Mythtv after years of using linHES due to hardware changes. Have almost everything working except Plex (many of my frontends are Plex based machines) - specifically using mythlink pl . I am getting an error that says "Can't locate Mythtv.pm in @INC" on line 22 (use Mythtv;)... After days of research I found on the Mythtv /wiki/User_Manual:Periodic_Maintenance instructions about that error [Can't locate MythTV.pm in @INC] then install libmythtv-perl implying that I have a library missing or something. I have installed the library but with no change in error. Can someone PLEASE point me in the right direction? I am sooo close!
nbdwt73
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: migrating from linHES to Mythtv - Problem with Plex

Post by nbdwt73 »

One question... Do I have to recompile mythtv after the library install? Could that be my problem?
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

The output of ./configure will/should tell you of missing dependencies. mythbackend --version
will have "using_bindings_perl" in it if the Perl binding were installed. Sounds like that's not the
case. So, yes, re-run ./configure and verify that the Perl bindings are going to be used.

If I type: perl --version, it tells me I'm on 34 and I can see the module here:
/usr/local/share/perl/5.34.0/MythTV.pm.
nbdwt73
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by nbdwt73 »

Thanks for the reply - mythbackend --version does in fact have "using_bindings_perl" in it. the perl version is perl 5, version 34, subversion 0. I am not sure about this - I built this machine a couple of days ago and all was fine until I tried to install all my Plex stuff... Any other suggestions?
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

I don't speak Perl (or use mythlink.pl). Ubuntu would allow this to find where the file may have
been places: sudo updatedb && locate -b '\MythTV.pm' . Other systems may have other tools
(like find...).

I verify that the /usr/local/share/perl/5.34.0 directory exists. I assume you used the default
path for the installation, which is /usr/local when building from source.

Mention your distribution version and other readers may be able to help.
nbdwt73
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by nbdwt73 »

Thanks again... I should have given my distro info before - sorry. I am on the latest Ubuntu running Mythtv 32.0
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Did the sudo updatedb && locate -b '\MythTV.pm' return anything. I don't recall if it was
necessary to apt install it.

This will print the search path Perl uses: perl -e 'print join("\n", @INC), "\n"'
I'd expect to see the directory in my last post in there.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

I would guess for Ubuntu you would need to install the libmythtv-perl package and it should just work.

It's always possible that newer versions of a distro introduce new dependencies or break existing ones though.
nbdwt73
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by nbdwt73 »

I was thinking the same thing - I think that I am going to back rev and see what happens... I have got to get this working - without Plex this will not work for us.