[SOLVED] MythFrontend lost track of all recordings but one

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dknabe
Newcomer
United States of America

[SOLVED] MythFrontend lost track of all recordings but one

Post by dknabe »

I have been running Mythtv DBSchemaVer: 1307 on Debian Wheezy v7.7 for more than a year with no issues. There are a large number of recorded shows on the drive. Within the past few days, Mythfront went from displaying all the shows to displaying only one available recording. Playback of that one recording crashes mythfrontend part way through. The backend is on the same machine and appears to be running correctly and still recording shows. The only problem is the frontend won't show the shows that are recorded.
I suspect that parts of the database have become corrupted, but I'm not sure how to manually fix this. Phpmyadmin shows the recorded table as having a large number of entries as expected. No, there isn't a database backup...

Any ideas on how to get the database back in sync?

Here's the complete version info.
MythTV Version : v0.26.0-56-g2baece9
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.8.2
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

Thanks in advance.
Doug
stuartm
Developer
Great Britain

Re: MythFrontend lost track of all recordings but one

Post by stuartm »

There is a script included with MythTV for checking and repairing the database, different distributions install it in different locations, but search for optimize_mythdb.pl
dknabe
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by dknabe »

Thanks for that. I ran optimize_mythdb.pl, but there was no change in behavior. Aparently cleanup work was done, but net result was no change, even after reboot, etc. MythFrontEnd - "Manage Recordings/Previously Recorded" lists all the shows, but "Media Library/Watch Recordings" shows only one - recorded a long time ago. The back end continues to add recordings to the collection, but they cannot be viewed.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Hi,
Make sure that while on the Watch Recordings screen, no filters are set. Choose
Menu->Change Group Filter->All Programs.
dknabe
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by dknabe »

Bingo! Cockpit error. My guess it was a fat finger error from the remote control that went undetected. Thank you very much for the great detective work! My wife thanks you! Cheers, Doug