[Solved] No active EIT scanning

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PhilB
Senior
Great Britain

[Solved] No active EIT scanning

Post by PhilB »

I am in the UK using off-air terrestrial DVBT/T2 and a networked HD Homerun quattro and am trying to get active EIT scanning to work.
I have followed the notes here: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/EIT

The first three HDHR tuners are set with 'Use HDHOMERUN for active EIT scan' disabled, the fourth has it enabled. Multirec is set for all four.
The video source has 'Over the air guide EIT' set.
An API call to GetChannelInfoList confirms that the interesting channels have <UseEIT>true</UseEIT>
Quick tuning is set to never.
I always answer 'no' to: 'Would you like to run Mythfilldatabase?'.

I expected this to allow active EIT scanning and keep 7 days of EIT data.
However, I recently powered the system off for a week and found that on restarting it no EIT data was being collected.

I have established that if I start a recording (or do Live TV) the data is then collected and 7 days populate.
I conclude that my setup is doing passive EIT scanning but not active.

The backend log looks odd to my untutored eye. It has 20 consecutive entries like this shortly after backend start:
May 9 10:24:01 myth2 mythbackend: mythbackend[41576]: I CoreContext recorders/hdhrstreamhandler.cpp:393 (Connect) HDHRSH[0](1252CD2F): Added 4 devices from 1252CD2F
May 9 10:24:01 myth2 mythbackend: mythbackend[41576]: I CoreContext recorders/hdhrstreamhandler.cpp:410 (Connect) HDHRSH[0](1252CD2F): Connected to device(1252CD2F-0)

followed by:
May 9 10:24:03 myth2 mythbackend: mythbackend[41576]: I CoreContext programinfo.cpp:2386 (CheckProgramIDAuthorities) Found 41 distinct programid authorities
What might I have wrong in my setup?

Phil
Last edited by PhilB on Tue May 10, 2022 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: No active EIT scanning

Post by kmdewaal »

Try enabling the first HDHR tuner for EIT instead of the fourth.
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Post by kmdewaal »

I did actually encountered this bug a few years ago, as reported in https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13405, but I never got around to making a proper fix and then forgot all about it. At least I shall document it in the Wiki until it is fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Klaas.
PhilB
Senior
Great Britain

Post by PhilB »

Many thanks - using tuner 1 has fixed it.
Phil