tuner on slave machine won't record

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hedgehog52
Junior
United States of America

tuner on slave machine won't record

Post by hedgehog52 »

I've got two Linux boxes. The one with the master backend has an HDPVR using Component video and records fine, and I have been using it for some time. The one with the slave machine is a new one. It also has an HDPVR, but it uses the S-Video input instead of Component video. On the slave machine, I can watch TV using "mpv /dev/video0". The change channel device on both machine is an ftdi-blaster, and both boxes can change channels on their STB.

So, today I am trying to configure the slave backend machine for mythtv. But, mythtv will not record to the HDPVR on the slave machine. Each time I try to record a second program while one is already recording, I get a "conflicting" error. In the System Status->Input Status, it shows "Input 1 : 1 recording" which is correct at the moment. But it shows "Input 2 : 1 errored" in System Status->Input Status. So, it seems like the scheduler doesn't see the second recorder or it thinks it's got a problem.

Any suggestions on what to check next? Is there perhaps some bit in the database that says tuner 2 has an error, when it doesn't?

Bob
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Re: tuner on slave machine won't record

Post by pgbennett »

During startup, the backend tries to initialize each tuner, and perhaps is unable to for some reason. Does it show the second tuner as errored if you have not tried to record anything? If so that would indicate it could not initialize it at startup.
Sometimes it pays to delay startup if your backend is starting while the machine starts up and the tuner may not be ready yet at that time.
hedgehog52
Junior
United States of America

Re: tuner on slave machine won't record

Post by hedgehog52 »

Thanks for the reply. I somehow found that config.xml on the slave was corrupted. I fixed that, and after reboots, both tuners show as available. But now I'm having trouble connecting to the DB on the master machine (and probably the slave machine but I didn't check) if the slave is running. I can't even remember what the screen is complaining about if I run it from a terminal now. But at least I've made some progress. I've probably still got something wrong with the slave configuration.