Frontend v31 on RPi3 freezes on exiting playback, has to be killed

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AustinS68
Newcomer
Great Britain

Frontend v31 on RPi3 freezes on exiting playback, has to be killed

Post by AustinS68 »

I am running a frontend on a RPi3 installed with a Max2Play image (it's also used as a Squeezebox player attached to my hi-fi amp), using Max2Play 2.53 HifiBerry variant, configured to autologon to the desktop.

It had been working fine for years on MythTV v28 against a backend running on an Intel NUC (on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, hence limited to v28).

I now have a new RPi4-based backend on v31, and I am trying to get the updated frontend working. Initially I had really jumpy playback - about 4fps and 300% CPU - but I have resolved that. I can now play SD and HD recordings, but every time I exit a recording the last frame of the video stays on the screen and the frontend UI never comes back, necessitating killing it.

I have attached a logfile (only 22kB). The last line is

Code: Select all

2021-08-06 17:35:01.212324 I [4362/4362] CoreContext tv_play.cpp:2187 (HandleStateChange) - TV::HandleStateChange(): Attempting to change from WatchingPreRecorded to None
Note: I am starting the frontend by calling out to a bash script from ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart, which does as follows:

Code: Select all

echo performance | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
sudo ntpdate-debian
logrotate --state /home/pi/log/logrotate.state /home/pi/log/logrotate.conf
mythfrontend  --logpath /home/pi/log -O PowerOffTVOnExit=0
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best regards,
Austin.