Viewed Channel Freezes when Recording Channel on another Mux commences to record

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nasho23
Newcomer
Australia

Viewed Channel Freezes when Recording Channel on another Mux commences to record

Post by Nasho23 »

Hello, I am using the Latest version of mythtv, running on KODI 19.1
Each night we watch Channel 24 9 HD and have Channel 7 Melbourne News booked to start Recording at 6:00pm, as a Backup News Recording, in case we are out at that time.
At about 5:59pm, while watching Eddie's Millionaire Show, a Notification appears declaring the Channel 7 is about to commence recording the Ch 7 News.
That sounds OK, BUT, the Channel 9 we are watching, Freezes and we have great difficulty in getting it back again, losing about the first 5 minutes of the 6:00 News.
There appears to be some conflict with what we are trying to achieve.
I am using a Two Channel Tuner and understand we need to work with different muxes, which I am, I believe.
Can anyone please provide advice on how to correct this issue.
Cheers
Thank You.
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: Viewed Channel Freezes when Recording Channel on another Mux commences to record

Post by kmdewaal »

A dual channel tuner has to be configured as two distinct capture cards, both connected to the same video source. This all done with mythtv-setup, as described in the Wiki https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Scanning.
It could be that you have configured only one of the two channels of your tuner.