Custom Record - not storing as a search?

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

amblinn
Newcomer
United States of America

Custom Record - not storing as a search?

Post by amblinn »

I'm putting the finishing touches on setting up a new MythTV (fresh install at v31.0, combo FE/BE, on 20.04). On my older soon-to-be-decommissioned MythTV (v0.27, also combo FE/BE, I think 16.04?), I have a few stored searches, set up using the "Custom Record" feature. I don't use them for setting up automatic recording, but I do use them when navigating in the FE to Manage Recordings > Schedule Recordings > Search Words > Stored Searches. I want to re-create a couple of these custom searches in the new v31.0 system.

In the new v31.0, when I set up a new rule (Manage Recordings > Schedule Recordings > Custom Record) and choose to Save as Search (as opposed to "save as example"), it only seems to save as an example and will not appear in the "Stored Searches" list. It appears with the words (stored example) in the Custom Record examples section, instead of (stored search), which is what I would expect. The same behavior is the same if I choose to "Save as Example". I'm using the default mythtv theme (the blue background).

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there some trick to get it to show up as a Search rather than an Example? (as hitting the "store as search" doesn't seem to be working for me). My Linux skills are pretty rudimentary, so any help is much appreciated.
heyted
Senior
United States of America

Re: Custom Record - not storing as a search?

Post by heyted »

I usually use MythWeb for this.
MythWeb --> Recording Schedules (Custom) --> Keyword Search
Ted | My blog
amblinn
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: Custom Record - not storing as a search?

Post by amblinn »

I currently don't have MythWeb set up... does the MythWeb keyword search have the same functionality of the SQL-like stored search? I have a saved search for movies that were released in the last 5 years with a rating of 0.5 or better (ratings going from 0-1.0, I believe).