help with tv_grab_zz_json please

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

amyo777
Newcomer
Germany

help with tv_grab_zz_json please

Post by amyo777 »

So I have had this mythtv setup for some time and it was running mythtv 29 really well, then its backend crashed (hardware) so I used the opportunity to switch in some new hardware. I used a back up and upgraded to mythtv 31 since I was starting on a NUC with ubuntu 20 on it.

But I can't seem to get the json stuff working. I end up with too many channels (I only subscribe to a few I get basic cable) but no matter how many times I run configure and tell it yes no yes it seems to have a mind of its own. I've configured in both the file and mythtv and directly with tv_grab_zz_json --config to no avail. And a couple of channels I really want I can't get to work because they appear to be on different channels than they actually are. Schedules direct refers to that as the broadcast ID.

My tuners are HDHR using QAM256. They tune OK and indeed worked quite well before the upgrade. I did go in and remove them all and re-add them (in the appropriate numbers for the devices).

What i used to do is run scte66 and see where my channels are and then make sure I had listings in schedules direct for those channels then edit the database by hand to have the right xmlids for the right channels. That strategy doesn't seem to be working for me right now.

SO is there another option? How do I edit xmlids now? They seem to show up as IXXXXX.json.schedulesdirect.org. Is that XXXXX just the xmlid?
I have a system with a couple of remote frontends, so I'd hate to have to roll back to 30 just for this. Is there any other way other than json to get data into the database? I could always run a cron job and tell mythtv not to grab anything. Also is there anyway to just empty the channel database and try again to remove all the cruft?