Sticky keys; database location.

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PhilB
Senior
Great Britain

Sticky keys; database location.

Post by PhilB »

Having used Mythtv for 12 years I feel embarrassed asking these simple questions but this is a friendly place!
1. I have a 'live' 0.27 system and I'm trying out v31. How do I turn on 'sticky keys'? I just cannot find it in FE setup.
2. If you have a household setup with (say) one backend, two frontends, where do the frontends store their setting? Locally or in the master backend database?
Thanks
Phil
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Sticky keys; database location.

Post by paulh »

PhilB wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:11 pm
Having used Mythtv for 12 years I feel embarrassed asking these simple questions but this is a friendly place!
Yes but we draw the line at someone still using 0.27 :roll: That should be a criminal offence :lol:
1. I have a 'live' 0.27 system and I'm trying out v31. How do I turn on 'sticky keys'? I just cannot find it in FE setup.
Don't believe I've ever used that feature. Looks like you need to use the RWNDSTICKY/FFWDSTICKY keybindings now.
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/4a9738e2fcb15
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/005a43786c47
2. If you have a household setup with (say) one backend, two frontends, where do the frontends store their setting? Locally or in the master backend database?
Yes all settings are stored in the database in the settings table. The hostname column determines which frontend the settings belong to.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Frontend Setup->Edit Keys TV Playback-> The keys that Paul mentioned above.
PhilB
Senior
Great Britain

Post by PhilB »

Thanks both.
0.27 - Yes indeed; I've been in an Nvidia backwater - trying to swim out and considering my next hardware configuration.
Phil