MythTV keeps recording even though schedules are deleted?

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MorkZaDork
Newcomer
United States of America

MythTV keeps recording even though schedules are deleted?

Post by MorkZaDork »

Having a hard time googling this, but I have a problem where MythTV keeps recording a program or movie or whatever even though I've deleted it from the recording schedules. I have a hunch there's some remnants in some table somewhere that's triggering it keep recording even though those programs no longer show up in the UI. I looked in the record table and I'm not seeing it there. Any other pointers on where to look?
pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Re: MythTV keeps recording even though schedules are deleted?

Post by pgbennett »

Do you delete using mythfrontend? When you say it keeps recording are you referring to a recording in progress at the time or future scheduled recordings?

When you delete or change a recording rule it runs a "reschedule". If you are deleting by some unusual method perhaps that is not happening. Try running mythutil --resched after deleting the rule. Also, deleting a rule will not stop recordings already in progress.
MorkZaDork
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by MorkZaDork »

I'll try that and see if it helps but I probably won't know for several days if any of my "problem" programs are continuing to record.

My setup is very unusual. I don't use the mythtv frontend, but I do use the mythweb to schedule or delete programs... but not always. I also have a lot of custom built scripts that do automation for me and sometimes they go in and delete it from the database rather than me doing it via mythweb. Maybe that's the problem, hope this fixes it.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

In your custom scripts, don't delete directly from the DB. Use the Services API. For example:

Code: Select all

curl --data RecordedId=<n> --header Allow:Application/JSON localhost:6544/Dvr/DeleteRecording
curl --data RecordId=<n> --header Allow:Application/JSON localhost:6544/Dvr/RemoveRecordSchedule
You can replace RecordedId with ChanId and StartTime if you prefer.

The API takes care of all the DB tables in play.

API endpoints that add/change/delete data must be POSTs, not GETs.

There are Wiki pages available and Python bindings if of use: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Services_AP ... I_Examples