Prevent recording duplicate tv show episodes with different Program IDs

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

halucigenia
Senior
Great Britain

Prevent recording duplicate tv show episodes with different Program IDs

Post by halucigenia » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:06 pm

I have an annoying issue when trying to record episodes of a show where the EPG gives a different Program ID for the same episode when it gets shown on the same channel on different days as each days duplicate episode always gets re-recorded.

Is there any way to prevent recording duplicate tv show episodes with different program IDs based on subtitle only for example and not program ID?

kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: Prevent recording duplicate tv show episodes with different Program IDs

Post by kmdewaal » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Not that I know of. As soon as there is a program ID then title/subtitle matching is not done is my experience as well. It is not a part of the software that I am familiar with but I suggest that you create a GIthub issue for this on https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues

halucigenia
Senior
Great Britain

Post by halucigenia » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:49 am

"I suggest that you create a GIthub issue for this on https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues"

Done logged as #332

pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Post by pgbennett » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:46 pm

Who is your provider? Using Schedules direct I have had the problem very occasionally, and normally only when something is rebroadcast a year or more later, not a few days later.

halucigenia
Senior
Great Britain

Post by halucigenia » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:10 pm

"Who is your provider?"
Off the air EPG checked in channel info.
One channel in particular which I just started using recently SKY Arts in the UK is the main culprit. I have both dvbs2 and dvbt2 which can tune into it. They often broadcast the same episodes more than once a day with a different Program ID each time, or at least that's what I am picking up.
I will try restricting the EPG to be checked in channel info to only one source to see if that helps. Both sources are set up with the same channum entry. Do you think that might make a difference?

kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Post by kmdewaal » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:17 pm

I have this issue with the EIT on DVB_C from my local cable provider Ziggo. The program IDs are usually correct but sometimes not and then duplicate matching goes wrong. As the ticket says, there is no way to choose the title/subtitle matching instead of using the program ID.