0.31: Gallery not showing local pics

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

oolizo
Newcomer
Denmark

0.31: Gallery not showing local pics

Post by oolizo »

I'm setting up MythTV 0.31 on Ubuntu 20.04 - I've installed Myth several times before but I don't have much experience with the Gallery (or the preceding plugin).

The wiki states: "Gallery scans all local devices when it starts. Whilst running, newly inserted devices are detected and scanned automatically, via Myth's media monitor. To be detected, USB devices must be mounted on insertion, either by the OS (auto-mount) or the frontend (if it has privileges)."

The USB flash drives I've tried are auto-mounted ok, on /media/<user>/<label>, but I can't see anything changing in Gallery. I'm assuming the pictures will show up as another entry on the top level, where currently a "Gallery" entry and the "Photographs" storage group are shown. Is that correct?

The frontend doesn't run as the mythtv user but as the logged-in user, who's a member of the mythtv group.

Any ideas about what could be going wrong? Playing DVDs is working, fwiw.

Btw. the bit in the wiki about the frontend doing the mounting "if it has privileges" - how do you set that up? Would be very handy on a frontend running without a desktop.
oolizo
Newcomer
Denmark

Re: 0.31: Gallery not showing local pics

Post by oolizo »

Looks like this feature relies on udisks - udisks2 not yet supported.