Recordings have a hi failure rate

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

toddbailey
Junior
United States of America

Recordings have a hi failure rate

Post by toddbailey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:24 pm

hi all,

I'm seeing a disturbing increase in failed recordings. Yet no record of why. All systems look normal.
originally it was once a month, now its many times a week.
the watch recordings page show failed recording in yellow
Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? there isn't any usable info in the log files, cpu use and disk space are fine.
thanks

signed perplexed

wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Re: Recordings have a hi failure rate

Post by wesnewell » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:47 pm

Probably signal interference. Check all antenna connections. Bad tuner, splitters, amps? Could be lots of things between the antenna and disk.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.

toddbailey
Junior
United States of America

Post by toddbailey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:07 pm

Excellent theory except it happens on both an ota antenna and from a sat receiver. i've watched live while having reception problems and never has the recorder failed. even if this were true, are there any settings that will make myth less prone to failure, a nice to have feature would be to display a black screen with white text saying it's having issues and will continue to record until the timer limit is reached?

pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:54 am

In my little corner of the world, recordings from OTA broadcast are noticeably weaker in August than the rest of the year due to atmospheric conditions. They tend to clear up as soon as the air is a little cooler and less humid.

YMMV,

Craig
The MacPorts guy.