Storage Group not found (solved)

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mitchd123
Newcomer
United States of America

Storage Group not found (solved)

Post by mitchd123 »

I have a Raid array of spinning disks and an NVME drive. I want to store the daily news recordings on the NVME which are overwritten daily, and reserve the raid array for everything else. I've left the default storage group as is, pointing to the raid array. I set up a new directory under /home/mythtv/temp on the nvme drive and made sure permissions were set correctly to mythtv user. I've gone into mythtv-setup to add the nvme news storage group as "Live TV" saved, exited, restarted the service. When I go to set a news program to record, I am unable to select anything other than Store in the "Default" storage group. There are no other options. The left right arrows are greyed out. What am I doing wrong? I don't see any errors in the logs. There's plenty of free space.

mythtv:
Installed: 2:30.0+fixes.202004181650.c6b20b0~ubuntu16.04.1
Last edited by mitchd123 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Storage Group not found

Post by paulh »

I suspect the "Live TV" storage group is one of the built-in ones that are used for specific tasks. That one will be used to store the temporary recordings created when you watch Live TV using the frontend. You will have to create a new storage group using a different name and use that.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

When you schedule a recording, in Storage options of the recording rule, select store in whatever name you gave to the group. The default option is the Default storage group. IOW"s create a storage group with the name "temp" in be setup. Then assign /home/mythtv/temp to that group. Then when you set a recording, select temp as the storage group to use.If you want everything to be recorded there, change it in the default recording template. Personally I wouldn't use the name temp as that implies temp files that can be deleted anytime by anyone and that not the case of mythtv recordings, but whatever floats your boat.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
mitchd123
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by mitchd123 »

@paulh - thank you! That's exactly what the problem was. As @wesnewell suggested I created a new storage group called News and assigned it to the directory. Everything is working as it should. THANK YOU very much for sharing your expertise.