[Solved] lock fails on single channel

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

leobutler
Newcomer
Canada

[Solved] lock fails on single channel

Post by leobutler »

I have an HDHR4-US which I have used for 4+ years without a hiccup.

A few weeks ago, recordings on a single channel (9.1 CKND in Winnipeg) began failing because the tuner fails to lock. I investigated tonight after another failed mythtv recording and I can record using hdhomerun_config on both tuners. Both recordings were flawless.

I am running 0.28 on ubuntu 16.04, but I doubt this is the specific problem since recordings on all other channels are fine. And since I can record on other channels, there is not a network/connection problem between tuner and backend.

I am thinking the channel data in mythconverg has been messed up, but I am not sure how to check that.

Any hints/suggestions/ideas are welcome.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: lock fails on single channel

Post by bill6502 »

Maybe the channel was part of a repack. https://www.rabbitears.info/searchmap.p ... y_id=26549
seems to imply so. Was 40, now channel 19. But I'm in the States, so can't offer more. Rescanning is a likely fix. It's
much improved in later releases though.
leobutler
Newcomer
Canada

Post by leobutler »

Bill, thanks for the tip. I had thought of this possibility but tvfool (not allowed to post link) did not show any change and I could not find the information on the CRTC webpage.

All fixed now. I hope.

Leo
wmorrison
Senior
United States of America

Post by wmorrison »

There are several websites where you can find channels near you, that don't all have the most current info, especially in the months around a repack. Sometimes not even the FCC site shows channels that have already moved. I think the repack was finished in CT, USA last year but I don't know if it's going on elsewhere. But I think RF channel 36 will be the highest frequency after it's all done (since 40 was mentioned, don't know if that was virtual or real before.)

rabbitears, antennaweb, tvfool, fcc, probably a few more I can't remember. Or look up a specific station by call letters on wikipedia.
leobutler
Newcomer
Canada

Post by leobutler »

Bill was right. The facts from my scan and database showed me the station had moved from channel 40 to 19, but I could not find any other indication of the move (I had checked on the station's webpage and on wikipedia, too, which I didn't mention earlier).

Anyhow, after several weeks of successful recordings, I think the problem is solved.

Thanks,
Leo