mythconverg, channels: changing channum -> channel not available

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tomrey
Newcomer
Germany

mythconverg, channels: changing channum -> channel not available

Post by tomrey »

Hi all,
I'm trying to organize my DVB channels in the backend (30) for multiple kodi-frontends in order to avoid having to organize individually in each kodi.
Therefore I created 3 different sources (dvb, FAV-TV and FAV-radio) executing fully-tuned channel-scans for each. After some www-research I tried to change the db-fields for FAV-tv "visible" and for changing the order: "channum" eighther in mythweb or directly via sql in the db. I left "chanid" untouched. Changes in "visible" worked as expected. Changes in "channum" lead to "channel not available", icons disappeared and obviously the channels were disconnected from their tuning freq. Changing back restores ok.
It seems that "channum" has not just the purpose of ordering but more.
Who can help me with that issue?
Regards
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Re: mythconverg, channels: changing channum -> channel not available

Post by kmdewaal »

It should be possible to change a channel number, at least with mythtv-setup.

About using different video sources. All channels of all video sources are combined into one big list in mythbackend and this channel list is the same on all frontends. Therefore things become a mess if the same channel number is used in different video sources, which I think might be the case here.
As far as I know it is not possible to dedicate a video source to a frontend, so all of your frontends have in principle the same channel list unless they do their own filtering.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

I agree with Klaas.

I'm not a Kodi user and actually don't understand what "organize individually in each kodi" means.

Interesting point though: Kodi uses the MythTV Services API and Kodi source has this (example):
ProgramListPtr WSAPI::GetRecordedList1_5(unsigned n, bool descending). One could
hack that and add the RecGroup option (or StorageGroup option). Assuming all recordings
for the " 3 different sources" above were in unique groups, a custom version of Kodi would limit the
recordings to them. The MythTV Dvr/GetRecordedList endpoint does not have a SourceId option.
MikeB2013
Senior
Great Britain

Post by MikeB2013 »

I am using Kodi 18.6 with addon pvr-mythtv 5.10.15

If you change channum on mythbackend (Channel Editor or mythweb) Kodi needs to be restarted to fetch the updated information,otherwise it will use its cached data until the next periodic update, which defaults to 120 minutes after Kodi has been started.
Also Kodi will use mythbackend channel numbers, rather than its own, but you have to tell Kodi to do this.

In Settings/PVR & Live TV scroll to bottom of screen (gear wheel) and change from Standard to atleast Advanced and then go up to General tab and make sure the following are selected:
Use channel order from backend(s)
Use channel numbers from backend

Kodi also allows individual Video Source selection for display purposes, by default it is All, but can be changed (in TV Channels press left arrow key and change Group).