[SOLVED]Frontend occasional problem

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pinnerite
Senior
Great Britain

[SOLVED]Frontend occasional problem

Post by pinnerite »

I am currently watching live TV on the version 29.0 frontend on my remote work computer.
The host is running Mint 19.1 and the 4-core AMD processor is supported by 8GB of DRAM.

At the moment, apart from Firefox, on which I am keying this in, the only user program running is the Mythtv frontend.

I will shortly be running up VMware and from that Windows XP which is allocated 2GB of DRAM. I use XP and MS Word to author articles etc.

During the course of the day I may watch a recording and later switch to Live TV again.

At some point, when a change is made to switch to a different video stream, the frame rate will appear to seriously drop and mythtv becomes unwatchable. Closing down every other application including Vmware/XP makes no difference. Closing down the front end and restarting it makes no difference.

To regain usable watching, I have to reboot the machine. I estimate that that occurs at least once per day.
So, how much RAM does MythTV frontend need or am I looking in the wrong place.

This is not life threatening but it is irritating.
Last edited by pinnerite on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Frontend occasional problem

Post by bill6502 »

There were massive changes in v31 regarding the display. Including EDID processing. I can't
tell if that will solve this issue, but if you've got the time, it may be worth you while.
pinnerite
Senior
Great Britain

Post by pinnerite »

I think I will wait until it appears in the Mint repo. It probably means a clean install. What with all the reconfiguration of applications, I'll need a couple of days for both machines.

Hopefully COVID-19 will be history by then.

All the best. stay safe
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

pinnerite wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:07 pm
... Hopefully COVID-19 will be history by then.
Is there a betting pool? I pick September--just can't decide between 2020 or 2021!

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.