Schedules Direct and the lack of filling out S/E

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ryry46d9
Newcomer
United States of America

Schedules Direct and the lack of filling out S/E

Post by ryry46d9 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:25 am

Ubuntu 16.04.6

mythbackend --version
Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v30.0
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20181231-1
QT Version : 5.5.1
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xnvctrl using_xnvctrl_external using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vaapi2 using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame

So I finally am getting fed up with mythtv not pulling all the info from Schedules Direct, it's getting out of hand the amount of missing session/episodes I have to fill in.

I sent SD a email a long time ago and they said something about mythtv uses some out of date grabber/scraper ( I don't know the term )and that the new SD-JSON would not only fix that issue but would pull more day of the week. I think like 21 or something, I currently have only been getting 13-14 days which i'm fine with.
what i'm not fine with is mythtv not reading the info and filling in the blanks.

can someone point me on the right direction to fix this. I was told by mythtv 0.30 it should be using the new way by default.

there recommendation was to ditch Mythtv and use something more supported and all of his options where windows based :lol:

I must of purged the email I can not find it.

thanks
Ryan

ryry46d9
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: Schedules Direct and the lack of filling out S/E

Post by ryry46d9 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:42 am

this is what I'm dealing with :(
7896547196854.JPG
7896547196854.JPG (53.06 KiB) Viewed 248 times

wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:38 am

It's V31 that doesn't support the old way I'm told. I haven't upgraded to V31 yet. But I switched to the grabber starting with V29. I don't pay much attention the the S/E, which I assume you mean series and episode number. If you want to switch to the new grabber, just do it. But don't expect 21 days of data. That's changed to 18 days a while back. Instructions in the wiki. And there's several threads about it on this forum.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.

pgbennett
Developer
United States of America

Post by pgbennett » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:59 pm

There are instructions for converting to the SD JSON feed. It does not happen automatically. See the wiki here -
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Setup ... son_sqlite
Since that conversion I am getting season and episode info for everything.

bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:11 pm

Wes is spot on. The DataDirect code (the 'old' Schedules Direct format) has been
completely removed from v31 (and above.) If you ever plan to upgrade above v30,
the JSON download format is required, assuming you want listings from SD.