MythTV 31.0 and image plugin

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

laasa
Junior
Germany

MythTV 31.0 and image plugin

Post by laasa » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:54 pm

MythTV 31.0 is the first version without the old image plugin (mythgallery).
So I have test the internal image plugin.
But I don't know where I can tune this plugin for my needs.

The issue is that the plugin needs 8 minutes and more after selecting in menu.
I have checked the source code: The difference is that for each picture one entry is stored in mysql database.
An when starting plugin (or changing directory) all relevant entries are read from database.
But my picture library counts 200.000 pictures (and of course increases every year).
With the old plugin all is working fine. And yes: starting a show from root directory needs a long time. But not every action.

So my questions are:
- Is there a way to tune the plugin?
- Does anybody is still maintaining the old plugin (mythgallery)?
- Is there a better solution for viewing pictures direct in MythTV?

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,
laasa.

laasa
Junior
Germany

Re: MythTV 31.0 and image plugin

Post by laasa » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:01 pm

No answer. I am wondering a bit.

So I have tried to get an working plugin mythgallery again by taking the sources of mythgallery (MythTV V30.0) and mixing it with the internal image plugin (MythTV V31.0).

There are 2 reasons to do that:
- Internal image plugin of MythTV 31.0 doesn't work fine with a big picture libraries.
I have waiting times of some minutes at start and when changing directories with a lot of pictures.
- Different look&feel: It took some time to convince my parents and some other people to using the old plugin for viewing pictures and using diashows.
My opinion is that the readability looks worse in the internal picture viewer.

The sources of the new old plugin are 5 MB as tar file and to big for attaching here.
Additionally there is an diff file to hang into mythplugin path again.
And at last you need to patch your menus e.g. via inserting some lines in ~/.mythtv/library.xml.

If anybody is interested in the files please contact me.
No problem for me to using it only on my side.

Regards,
laasa.

PS: I have add some goodies to the mythgallery plugin like showing some exif information (camera model,pixel count) in information display and controlling music plugin during diashow (prev/next title, volume).