v30 Frontend see tuners but Scheduler only records one recording

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shgeddes
Newcomer
United States of America

v30 Frontend see tuners but Scheduler only records one recording

Post by shgeddes »

OK I am at my wits end with this. I've been using myth for years. Was using Mythbuntu switched to Lubunto 18.04 . Just upgraded to mythtv v30 I have two dedicate machines both using running a front and backend, using a network HDhomerun dual tuner each. Hdhomrun config sees all four tuner and Myth frontend sees both tuner with four inputs two on each source I've tried one each also, but scheduler will conflict scheduling a second program. I have deleted and reinstalled tuners multiple times to no avail. v29 was working until recently (one machine started crashing tuner) so I upgraded to v30 (crashing stopped). Using Steppes 30.4 theme Please help right now I think there is a bug with v30.
Thanks any help appreciated
Last edited by bill6502 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected Subject:
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: .30 Frontend see tuners but Scheduler doesn't one recording only

Post by bill6502 »

Hi,

I <think> your Subject: should read "...Scheduler only does one recording". But I
may not be understanding it.

When you reinstalled the tuners, did you use the link in the last bullet here:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Not ... structions ?
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Post by kmdewaal »

How to configure HDHomeRun tuners is now also described in the Wiki in
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Sca ... Run_tuners
This is written for v31 but is the same for v30.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Thanks Klaas. I updated the v30 Release Notes with the link (since I'm always citing them.)
shgeddes
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by shgeddes »

Yes to clarify the scheduler isn't seeing the second tuner. Yet the front end sees both tuners in the input status. I have deleted and reconfigured tuners numerous time following the wiki instructions. Like I said I have had success with earlier.
One thing I didn't mention was I can watch and record live tv while another program is recording but the live recording has no program title. Like I said v.30 has a bug in the scheduler.
kmdewaal
Developer
Netherlands

Post by kmdewaal »

Software bugs are always possible but so are configuration issues....

Do I understand correct, from your first post, that you have two systems, each system is a combined frontend/backend?
Are both backends configured as master backend or is one configured as the slave?
Are the two systems sharing two HDHR tuners on one network, so each system can in principe access all four tuners (2 per HDHR)?
Have you tried using only one system?
Have you done a power cycle on the complete system including the HDHR devices? The HDHR devices do have an internal state which might be out of sync with what MythTV thinks the state is. Somewhere in the v30 development cycle there has been a bugfix for this but after a power cycle everything should work for a while even with an early v30 system.
Are you using EIT or Schedules DIrect for program guide data?

Next step for fixing this is to have a dump of the relevant database tables (capturecard, dtv_multplex, channel).
MikeB2013
Senior
Great Britain

Post by MikeB2013 »

"....but the live recording has no program title" This is symptomatic of no Guide Data, so the Scheduler will ignore that input, but it is still possible to manually select such a channel. So in addition to the database tables mentioned in the previous post, data from the videosource table would help. A quick check would be to make sure In mythtv-setup Input Connections that the appropriate videosource is selected for each Input Connection.
shgeddes
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by shgeddes »

Both of my systems are running separate, no slave backends. The only reason I mentioned I have two systems is that they are both doing exactly the same thing. Each system sees both HDhomerun network cards, only one card is assigned to each system. When recording the live tv the guide data(EIT only) is there. I have power cycled the tuners. I will try deleting tuners again and power cycling on reboot I frequently optimize the database.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

When you describe your configuration as
only one card is assigned to each system
that's wrong.

Both tuners must be configured. Not just a single tuner with multiplexes (which could explain the
comment about "I can watch and record live tv while another program is recording". We can't tell
what channels were being watched. E.g 3.1 and 3.2 would work.
shgeddes
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by shgeddes »

Just did a power cycle on everything and titles for livetv recording are now there and recording along with a scheduled recording. Scheduler is still conflicting on two future simultaneous recordings.
OK sorry I even mentioned my two systems. Both tuners on each card are configured. Like I said I have been running these two systems for years with no problem on earlier myth versions.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: v30 Frontend see tuners but Scheduler only records one recording

Post by bill6502 »

This please, with the mythtv DB user's password:

Code: Select all

mysql --user=mythtv --password --table --execute="SELECT cardid,parentid,videodevice,cardtype,displayname,schedorder,livetvorder FROM capturecard ORDER BY cardid" mythconverg
shgeddes
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by shgeddes »

Ok not taking the password or am I using the wrong password

kims@kims-Aspire-R3700:~$ mysql --user=mythtv --password --table --execute="SELECT cardid,parentid,videodevice,cardtype,displayname,schedorder,livetvorder FROM capturecard ORDER BY cardid" mythconverg
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
kims@kims-Aspire-R3700:~$
shgeddes
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by shgeddes »

Live recordings are again recording with no title.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

You can find the password in ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml (and it should be the same as the
one in ~/.mythtv/config.xml.)
shgeddes
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by shgeddes »

+--------+----------+-------------+-----------+-------------+------------+-------------+
| cardid | parentid | videodevice | cardtype | displayname | schedorder | livetvorder |
+--------+----------+-------------+-----------+-------------+------------+-------------+
| 1 | 0 | 1017B548 | HDHOMERUN | 548_1 | 1 | 1 |
| 2 | 0 | 1017B548 | HDHOMERUN | 548_2 | 1 | 1 |
| 3 | 1 | 1017B548 | HDHOMERUN | 548_1 | 1 | 1 |
| 4 | 2 | 1017B548 | HDHOMERUN | 548_2 | 1 | 1 |
kims@kims-Aspire-R3700:~$ mysql --user=mythtv --password --table --execute="SELECT cardid,parentid,videodevice,cardtype,displayname,schedorder,livetvorder FROM capturecard ORDER BY cardid" mythconverg
Enter password:
| cardid | parentid | videodevice | cardtype | displayname | schedorder | livetvorder |
| 1 | 0 | 1017B548 | HDHOMERUN | 548_1 | 1 | 1 |
| 2 | 0 | 1017B548 | HDHOMERUN | 548_2 | 1 | 1 |

First output was with Max recording set to 2. I set it back to 1 on the second output.