deinterlace issue vdpau

Have a MythTV related problem? Ask for help from other MythTV users here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

glenb
Junior
United States of America

deinterlace issue vdpau

Post by glenb »

this is most likely not solely a mythtv issue, but i am hoping maybe someone using myth might have a fix. i just picked up a new laptop, motile (walmart), with amd mobile ryzen 5 3500u, vega 8 graphics on arch linux (runs great btw). after setting up vdpau and vaapi the acceleration is recognized and works on playback on myth. the problem is that when playing back any content that is interlaced, using any method under vdpau, the files play, but when pause or any advance key is pressed, the bottom half of screen is cut out. when resuming the playback resumes. this is not a major issue but annoying and any frame by frame or video edit in frontend really can't be used. does anyone have any ideas about possible entries to a xorg.conf file. right now i have nothing other than amdgpu and tear free. this is not solely myth, it presents in kodi somewhat differently, but in kodi when i change deinterlace method to motion adaptive it plays and pauses fine. i am guessing this has something to do with mesa package but i am hoping someone here might have a workaround.
mathog
Senior
United States of America

Re: deinterlace issue vdpau

Post by mathog »

I am seeing the same thing with a Ryzen 3 3200G set to playback "VDPAU (High Quality)". Ubuntu 18.0.4.4, 5.3.0-59-generic Setting playback to :"VAAPI" does not do this (the half screen business). Unfortunately, instead it chops off lines from the bottom (and likely right side) of the screen instead. I think the VDPAU issue may have something to do with vdpauinfo showing only these deinterlacers

Code: Select all

DEINTERLACE_TEMPORAL             y
DEINTERLACE_TEMPORAL_SPATIAL     -
but there is nothing under VDPAU setup in MythTV is 1:1 with the the first one.

Did you ever find a solution?

Mine is Ubuntu 18.0.4.4, 5.3.0-59-generic